This day has been chosen for celebration to raising awareness for the World’s Wild animals, Plant, and endangered species of both plant and animals. The reason behind selecting this date was keeping in mind the occasion of the convention on international trade in endangered species of wild flora and fauna (CITES) that was signed on 3rd March 1973.
The theme of World Wildlife Day 2021
The theme of World Wildlife day 2021 is “Forests and Livelihood: sustaining people and plants”, as a reminder of the importance of forests, and the role of ecosystem services for sustainable life on earth. Forests are not only home to millions of animal species but also indigenous and local communities are still sourcing their basic needs from forests around the world.
Today, the livelihoods associated with forests are suffering from climate change, loss of biodiversity, extinction of animal species due to disturbance in their habitat, endangered plant species, these all need our attention. Simply it can be described in one sentence: “We need them, they need us”. So there is a need to save forests, ecosystems to live a sustainable life on earth.
How to Celebrate World Wildlife Day
There are some of the tips to follow for the celebration of World wildlife day.
1) Start awareness in your social network from the importance of forests and nature.
2) Plant trees in your local community in the memory of your close friends that are no more with you.
3) Join the international events and get involved in different activities that are arranged by the United Nations.
4) Write an article on the importance of Wild forests and their role in the sustainable eco-system, and submit it to the local newspaper or share it on your social network.
5) Make a painting of endangered animal species and share them with hashtags i.e. #worldWildlifeDay2021 on Twitter.
6) Share this article on your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn profiles.
The motivation of this content is to raise awareness for the eco-system and nature; we are also promoting sustainable products and Green living tools so that the burden of the carbon footprint of each individual remains as less as possible because we care about you, and also we care about the environment.