Do you know what is global warming?
Global warming sometimes called climate change, both phenomena are interchangeable and both are natural changes in the earth’s atmosphere.
Definition of Global Warming
Global warming is the long-term increase of temperature in the atmosphere nearer the surface of the earth due to anthropogenic activities and natural changes. An increase in human activities like the burning of fossil fuels, a massive movement of vehicles, and smoke from the industrial sector increases greenhouse gases level in an atmosphere that bring changes in climate. The phenomenon of these climatic changes that come from the results of the greenhouse effect refers to global warming.
Is Global Warming Natural?
Some environmentalist argues it natural and cyclical changes in the earth’ atmosphere while most of the environmental scientists argue that it is the effect of human activities on the environment. Research done by Nicola Scafetta in December 2009 indicates that climate changes from the 1850s are predictable and naturally occurring in the solar system of the earth. On the other hand, the intergovernmental panel on climate change (IPCC) published a report in 2018; claimed that the increase in global temperature from 0.8 to 1.2 °C observed during the Half of 20 century is purely caused by human activities. In the latest report of Global carbon emission, the emission of carbon dioxide related to global energy remains 33 gigatonnes (Gt) with flattened graph comparatively with the past two years. This significant low change might be due to shifting the power sector to renewable energy (wind and solar). Developed countries reduce carbon emissions by 3.2 percent in the power sector that is the decline of 200 million tons in global carbon emissions.
Many environmental scientists argue that the rise in global temperature above 2 °C or above 3.6 °F would results in worse economic and ecological damages like irregular shifts in agriculture patterns, extinction of plants, and extinction of animal species. Mainly global warming is the result of human activities.
Burning of fossil fuel
The Burning of fossil fuels is a common practice around the world. We burn fossil fuels like coal and gas to generate energy that releases carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.
Agriculture expansion, industrialization, and urbanization are the main causes of deforestation. Trees and plants observe carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and deforestation can lead to global warming.
Agriculture and farming
The use of fertilizers in agriculture release nitrous oxide and large livestock produce methane both gases are greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming.
Global Warming Facts and Information
- Deforestation is the main reason behind the increase in carbon emission in the atmosphere.
- Industrial air pollution and fertilizers used in agriculture intensify the volume of greenhouse gases in the earth’s atmosphere.
- Greenhouse gases affect the earth’s atmosphere that increases the global temperature.
- An increase in temperature melts glaciers and causes floods and a rise in sea level.
- Global warming also affects the rainfall pattern and brings long term changes in weather condition.
- Climate change brings extreme weather events that have a severe impact on forests animals and species.
- An unpredictable rainfall pattern has a huge negative impact on agriculture farming and agricultural economies are the most vulnerable to climate change.
- Australia is the biggest farming country that contributes 16 percent of the total greenhouse gas emissions.