Do you know what is global warming?
Global warming sometimes we called it climate change, both phenomena are interchangeable and both are natural changes in earth atmosphere.
Definition of Global Warming
Global warming is the long-term increase of temperature in atmosphere nearer the surface of the earth due to anthropogenic activities and natural changes. Increase in human activities like burning of fossil fuels, massive movement of vehicles, and smoke from industrial sector increases greenhouses gases level in atmosphere that bring changes in climate. The phenomenon of these climatic changes that comes from the results of greenhouse effect refers to global warming.
Is Global Warming Natural?
Some environmentalist argues it natural and cyclical changes in earth’ atmosphere while most of the environmental scientists argue that it is the effect of human activities on environment. Research done by Nicola Scafetta in December 2009 indicates that climate changes from 1850’s are predictable and naturally occurring in the solar system of the earth. On the other hand intergovernmental panel on climate change (IPCC) published a report in 2018; claimed that increase in global temperature from 0.8 to 1.2 °C observed during the Half of 20 century is purely caused by human activities. Latest report of Global carbon emission, the emission of carbon dioxide related to global energy remains 33 gigatonnes (Gt) with flattened graph comparatively with past two years. This significant low change might be due to shifting power sector to renewable energy (wind and solar). Developed countries reduce carbon emissions by 3.2 percent in power sector that is decline of 200 million tons in global carbon emission.
Many environmental scientists argues that the rise in global temperature above than 2 °C or above 3.6 °F would result worse economic an ecological damages like irregular shifts in agriculture patterns, extinction of plants, and extinction of animals species. Mainly global warming is the results of human activities.
- Burning of fossil fuel
Burning of fossil fuel is common practice around the world. We burn fossil fuel like coal and gas to generate energy that releases carbon dioxide into atmosphere.
Agriculture expansion, industrialization and urbanization are the main causes of deforestation. Trees and plant observe carbon dioxide from atmosphere and deforestation means less air purifiers that can lead to global warming.
- Agriculture and farming
Use of fertilizers in agriculture release nitrous oxide and large livestock produce methane both gases are greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming.
Global Warming Facts and Information
- Deforestation is the main reason behind the increase of carbon emission in atmosphere.
- Industrial air pollution and fertilizers used in agriculture intensify the volume of greenhouse gases in earth atmosphere.
- Green house gases affect the earth atmosphere that increases earth temperature.
- Increase in temperature melt glaciers and causes floods and rise in sea level.
- Global warming also affects the rainfall pattern and brings long term changes in weather condition.
- Climate change bring extreme weather event that have severe impact on forests animals and species.
- An unpredictable rainfall pattern has huge negative impact of agriculture farming and agricultural economies are the most vulnerable to climate change.
- Australia is the biggest farming country contributes 16 percent of the total greenhouse gases emissions.
Causes of Deforestation.
What is climate change
Facts about Air Pollution
World Environmental day 2020
World Migratory Bird Day 2020
Corona Virus relation with temperature
Corona virus nexus with air pollution