Deforestation is the completely removing of trees from earth surface without following the threshold level standardized by international environmental bodies.
The speedy rate of deforestation will causes environmental sustainability challenges on earth.
General Facts About Forests
Approximately, 18 million acres is an annual estimated figure of deforestation according to Food and agriculture organization (FAO). No one try to understand the causes of deforestation that would create huge environmental problems in future. There are countless benefits of forests that cannot be ignored when it comes to discuss something about forests. Forests play very important role in life of every living organism on this planet. Some categories of facts about forests, deforestation information and deforestation facts are mentioned below
- The total land surface covered by forests around the globe is 30 percent.
- Forests are source of timber, wood; medicine, food, and it act as purifiers in environment.
- It clean water and air, save land form erosion, also decrease earth temperature by absorbing carbon and releasing oxygen.
- Forests increase the beauty of land, promote tourism and wildlife activities are the common benefits from forests.
- Industries like medicine, paper, furniture, tourism, wildlife has direct connection with forests.
- There are 121 remedies in natural rain forests that can be used as a cure.
- The major causes of deforestation are increase in agriculture activities, infrastructure development and urbanization
- Environmentalists predict that within 100 years there will be no rain-forests on earth surface and reason behind is deforestation and there is a high chance of extinction of 28,000 forests animals in next 25 years due to deforestation.
- Increase in carbon emission up-to 10 percent from last several decades are due to loss of forestation.
- There are harmful effects of deforestation on human life and on life of endangered animals.
- The greed of dollar or the greed of profit and the shortsightedness policies regarding environment are the main factors behind deforestation.
- Recycling of paper, reuse of woods and use of eco-friendly product can bring a significant decrease in deforestation
- Awareness regarding deforestation is also a best option to stop this insane activity that is putting the lives of thousand animals and sustainable environment. So share it with your friends.
Facts about rainforests
As we generally discussed some of the facts about forests. Before going to start interesting facts about rainforests, let’s discuss rainforests
What is rainforest?
Rainforest can be defining as a large, congested jungle that gets a huge amount of rainfall. It receives a rainfall of ranges between 100-400 inches annually. The weather of tropical rainforest remains hot (21 to 30 degree Celsius) and highly humid.
Why are rainforests important?
Rainforests play role of lungs for the earth as it balance the amount of oxygen in atmosphere. Tropical forests are the absorber of carbon dioxide from air and purify it. Forests ecosystem provide food and shelter for forests animals. Tropical rainforests climate stabilize water cycle of the atmosphere. It releases moisture in atmosphere that comes to ground in form of rain.
Now we are clear to discuss some important facts about tropical rainforests.
- Rainforests are the natural defensive unpaid tools against climate changes. Not only it clean air but also it balance ocean currents, wind and rainfall.
- It maintains the global temperature below than 2°C.
- Tropical rainforests covered 3 percent of the land on earth but it provides shelter to half of the world’s forests animals and species.
- One rainforests size is equal to 40 football play grounds.
- Rainforests provide few of the important lifesaving medicines.
- The rate of deforestation of rainforests is 85 Acres in each minute, already lost 15.8 million hectares tropical rainforests.
- UN food and agriculture organization claimed that 25 percent of the world population depends on forests resources.
- The percentage of tropical dry forests is between 40 to 43 percent and its vulnerable habitat for endangered species.
- Rainforests need conservation, world think tankers and policy makers should notice it in top priorities.
Deforestation facts of Amazon rainforest
- Amazon rainforest is the biggest rainforest in the world with 16000 varieties of trees.
- It is believed that Amazon rainforests provide 20 percent of the oxygen out of total amount of oxygen in atmosphere.
- Aerial view of Amazon River map look like snake in grass. It is the largest forest river in the world with length of 6,400 kilometres.
- Amazon Forest River contains approximately 20 percent of the earth’s fresh water.
- Animal ranching fields are the top causes of deforestation in Amazon
- Amazon forest animals are; 400 species amphibians, 427 mammals, 2000 bird species, 378 reptiles and 2.5 million insects.
- Amazon rainforest weather remains hot and humid with average of 27 to 28 degree Celsius.
- Amazon rainforest deforestation rate remains 20 percent from last few years.
- Almost two third part of the Amazon rainforest is in Brazil where 70 percent vanished due to deforestation in Brazil.
The list of environmental problem is expending with the passage of time. Industrialization, over consumption of resources and irresponsible attitude of human towards environmental challenges are the causes of environmental problems. Effects of deforestation will bring severe problem for upcoming generations. It is better for world’s leaders to start worrying about consequences of environmental problems on sustainable life. Here are the some small tips to save trees and plants from human deforestation.
- Reduce the use of paper on individual level, effective policies should be practiced to set a limit for consumption of papers in paper industry.
- Every citizen should plant at least 5 trees in surrounding, in case there is some free space.
- Cutting of trees above the stump, not to cut it below threshold level so that it can grow again.
- Afforestation in barren land, hills and mountains
Causes of Deforestation.
Facts about Air Pollution
What is climate change
World Environmental day 2020
World Migratory Bird Day 2020
Corona Virus relation with temperature
Corona virus nexus with air pollution